This mix still sounds so fresh to me today, a proper mix of tough house, sexy yet dark vocals, pure acid, driving techno, and more. I clearly remember compiling it from the kind of tunes I’d play when I knew I had the “heads” in the club and we could all go on a bit of a journey… the final track frankly shows where such journeys usually ended up!
- Paul Johnson – Jeckyl & Hyde – Inventive, fun, humorous start to the mix
- Cassius[?] – The Sound Of Violence [unknown remix] – Tough and menacing, wish I could remember more about the remix
- Prophets Of Sound – Tide of Dreams (Brancaccio & Aisher Mix) – Dave Clarke-esque tech house
- unknown – Brainwashed (Call You) – Tomcraft did a version of this, this could be a remix of it although it doesn’t sound like one
- Futureshock – Late At Night (Switch Mix) – Funky and naughty, proper late night house music indeed!
- The Chemical Brothers – Get Yourself High (Switch’s Rely On Rub) – I was loving Switch’s stuff at the time, clearly…
- unknown – unknown – Awesome speed garage track, I’d play this today if I knew what the f*** it was
- Tiga – Burning Down (London’s Burning) – Vicious underground track, still sounds so fresh
- Alexkid – Come With Me (Tiga’s Aciddeathrave Remix) – More sexy late night vocal acid house
- Joshua Collins – Reform (Rachael Starr Mix) – Tough, tough house music, pure after-party territory
- Pascal FEOS – Stream Electric – Trippy techno, sounds so great pitched down a little
- Phil Kieran – I Love You (Adam Beyer & Lenk Dub) – More big techno sounds, driven by a huge analogue synth
- Dave Clarke – Way Of Life – Just classic techno, so fresh decades on
- unknown – unknown – I’m so happy that this mix disintegrated into this unfathomable, genre-defying ending
This is a remastered version of the original CD.